SSTI Excellence in TBED Awards
How to Apply
Step 2: Review the category descriptions, entry guidelines and evaluation criteria. Don’t forget to check out the application guidelines on page 6 for helpful hints from past judges.
Step 3: Complete the registration form and upload your five-page narrative with cover sheet (PDF or Word document) by July 15. Available at: https://goo.gl/QtamxB
You will have the option to pay the entry fee by credit card or send a check. Checks should be mailed to: SSTI, 5015 Pine Creek Drive, Westerville, OH 43081.
Questions? Contact Robert Ksiazkiewicz at 614.901.1690 or email@example.com
About the Awards
The Excellence in TBED Awards are presented to organizations demonstrating successful local, state and regional efforts across six categories:
- Expanding the Research Capacity
- Commercializing Research
- Building Entrepreneurial Capacity
- Increasing Access to Capital
- Improving Competitiveness of Existing Industries
- Most Promising TBED Initiative
While the Awards program was designed to celebrate long standing achievement with winners serving as models for other states and regions to replicate, SSTI also recognizes the value in showcasing innovative initiatives that show promise. The award for Most Promising TBED Initiative is presented to organizations that address a specific need in a community or region identified as an obstacle to growth with an innovative approach in design or implementation. Judges look for creative and out-of-the-box thinking alongside a well-defined action plan. Scoring is heavily weighted on innovativeness and transferability.
- As a recipient of the Excellence in TBED Award, your initiative represents a standard of excellence that has been recognized by your peers through a competitive selection process.
- External validation through an Excellence in TBED Award certifies the superior quality of your initiative, lending independent credentials to your program as your stakeholders consider future investments.
- The Excellence in TBED Award identifies your initiative as a best practice worthy of emulation and can be used as a promotional tool in marketing, recruitment and outreach efforts.
Who is Eligible?
Any TBED program or practitioner is eligible to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, nonprofit organizations, local and state governments, colleges and universities, federal agencies and labs, industry associations, economic development councils, and other organizations that promote innovation and technology-based economic development.
$75 SSTI Members
Register for the June 15 informational call to learn more about the 2015 awards program and for helpful hints on writing an outstanding application.