SSTI Excellence in TBED Awards
2016 SSTI Awards Brochure:
SSTI has released the online version of the 2016 SSTI Excellence in TBED Awards Program. Available at sstiawards.org, the online version of the awards brochure will highlight changes to the awards program including
- An overview of the program;
- Application Guideline;
- Recommendations for Writing an Award Winning Application;
- Frequently Asked Questions; and,
- SSTI Awards Informational Call Recording.
- 2016 Awards Categories Announced – April 21.
- Submissions Due – July 8, 2016!
- Winners Announced at SSTI’s 20th Annual Conference – November 1-3.
About the Awards
To mark the 10th anniversary of the SSTI Excellence in TBED awards program, we have made some exciting changes to the categories. Since last year, we have combined some categories with the intent of better reflecting the ever-evolving field of tech-based economic development and added a new category to reflect burgeoning activity in a new area. They include:
- Most Promising TBED Initiative
- Building Prosperity Through Science & Technology
- Creating Prosperity Through Entrepreneurship & Capital
- Enhancing Prosperity Through Competitive Industries
- Increasing Prosperity Through Economic Opportunity
With all the changes to the program, we recommend that you Listen to the recording of the 2016 Excellence in TBED Awards Information Call for extra help in crafting an award-winning application.During our annual SSTI awards informational call, SSTI President and CEO Dan Berglund provided valuable insight on the program and helpful hints on how to write an outstanding application. Listen at: http://cc.readytalk.com/play?id=4ec6j6.
For more information regarding the SSTI Excellence in TBED awards program, email Rob Ksiazkiewicz at email@example.com.
- As a recipient of the Excellence in TBED Award, your initiative represents a standard of excellence that has been recognized by your peers through a competitive selection process.
- External validation through an Excellence in TBED Award certifies the superior quality of your initiative, lending independent credentials to your program as your stakeholders consider future investments.
- The Excellence in TBED Award identifies your initiative as a best practice worthy of emulation and can be used as a promotional tool in marketing, recruitment and outreach efforts.
Who is Eligible?
Any TBED program or practitioner is eligible to apply. This includes, but is not limited to, nonprofit organizations, local and state governments, colleges and universities, federal agencies and labs, industry associations, economic development councils, and other organizations that promote innovation and technology-based economic development.
$75 SSTI Members
Submit your organization’s application at: https://ssti.memberclicks.net/index.php?option=com_mc&view=mc&mcid=form_219645.
Download the 2016 Excellence in TBED Awards brochure…coming soon!
Listen to the 2016 Excellence in TBED Awards Information Call at: http://cc.readytalk.com/play?id=4ec6j6
For more Information about the 2016 SSTI Excellence in TBED Awards program, Contact Robert Ksiazkiewicz at 614.901.1690 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Congratulations to our 2015 Winners!
Four organizations were named winners of SSTI’s 2015 Excellence in TBED award, serving as national models for states and regions investing in science, technology and innovation to grow their economies and create high-paying jobs. We would like to congradulate:
- The Corridor: Matching Grants Research Program – Expanding Research Capacity
- Innovation Fund Northeast Ohio: Lorain County Community College – Building Entrepreneurial Capacity
- The Water Council – Improving Competitiveness of Existing Industries
- TechAccel: Kansas State University – Most Promising TBED Initiative